Friday, August 16, 2013

Fast Code

I'm a fast worker, and I always have been. When I really understand a problem, whether it's project, program or business, I always search for the most direct and optimal path to complete that problem. Then I bang it out.

I guess this isn't a very common attribute, and it may not be a good one. I'm terrible at pacing myself. I'm either doing or not doing. Two speeds. 

I work really, really fast. I'm not saying that my code is anywhere near perfect, but it usually does what it's specced out to do. I don't really want to make it perfect. I don't like working in situations where people nitpick on the details.

So I guess the question I need to ask is, what is the optimal environment I can work in to encourage this type of behavior? I'm guessing it's a start-up. At Sharpspring, I get to take ownership of various mission-critical features, which is exciting. I hope that as time goes on, I'll have more and more autonomy to do projects for these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment